Need for Speed: Most Wanted is in fact a cross between the Underground and the Hot Pursuit spin-offs. The player must gain notoriety by racing in the streets and attracting the attention of the cops in order to ascend in the Black List of illegal racers. In the end he must face no.1, Razor who tricked him out of his own car and used it to get to the top.
Many racing modes are carried on from NFSU2 with the addition of “Milestones”, special events where the driver must evade capture and/or disable police cars by bringing down Pursuit Breakers, specially marked buildings such as gas stations and water towers. For each one of the 15 Blacklisted opponents, the player must win a specific number of events from each of the two main types and gain enough notoriety in the process. The player can invest bet money to buy new cars or improve his existing one’s looks and performance so that he remains competitive.
In Most Wanted, Josie Maran replaces Brooke Burke as the racer girl. The plot is furthered through use of FMV video with live actors and digital sets, which has been heavily enhanced so that it looks quite real.
This is a special edition of Need for Speed: Most Wanted that celebrates the 10th anniversary of the Need for Speed series.
This edition includes:
- 2 Exclusive Vehicles – Get behind the wheel of a ’67 Camaro, the only American classic in Need for Speed Most Wanted, and a specially-tuned BMW M3 GTR street machine right out of the box in Online (Xbox only) and Quick Race modes.
- 8 Custom Rides – Eight specially-tuned rides with hand-selected body kits, spoilers, rims, roof scoops, and more are unlocked and available for you to redline in Online (Xbox only) and Quick Race modes. Featured cars: Supra, Lotus Elise, Porsche 911 GT2, Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG, Corvette C6, Mercedes-Benz SL 500, Porsche 911 Carrera S, and Corvette C6.R.
- Exclusive Pursuit Challenge – Hone your cop evasion skills in this intense Pursuit Challenge that features waves of supercharged SUV cops and the most aggressive police tactics.
- 3 Exclusive Races – Ignite the streets in three races created specifically for the Black Edition, unlocked and available to drive right from the start.
- Exclusive and Unlocked Vinyls – Personalize your ride faster than everyone else with dozens of unlocked vinyls as well as specifically – created Black Edition-only designs.
- Bonus DVD – Get under the hood of Need for Speed Most Wanted. Check out impressive vehicle showcases and an exclusive car art gallery, or view ten Need for Speed Most Wanted movies, including a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the stunning in-game cinematics with Josie Maran. A must-have for all Need for Speed fans over the last ten years.